Wednesday 12 September 2012

My Music of France Vote

Okay so my time was running out and I had to make some choices. As mentioned I did go with Faure's Pavane and Bizet's L'Arlesienne. The final choices for the rest were Satie's Gnossiennes, basically because I played them again and thought how could I not? Berlioz's Roman Carnival Overture for fun and energy and Saint-Saens Organ Symphony for brilliance and because I'm trusting my dad to vote for the Danse Macabre.

I'm also relieved that my wife will be voting for Carnival of the Animals, Debussy's Suite Bergamasque and Prelude for the Afternoon of the Faun, and Satie's Gymnopedies. She's also thinking of Faure's Pavane but I'm trying to sway her to Ravel's Mother Goose Suite as I write this. Didn't work. Not to worry.

Bring on the countdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment