Tuesday 3 September 2013

Getting this blog going

This is just a quick post to announce the new way I'm hoping to run this blog. I'm going to try to be a bit more methodical and committed to it. I've started by adding a Facebook page which will announce when I post here and also share smaller things like links and quick happy birthdays to composers long dead and maybe even living ones from time to time.

I'm also going to have a Composer of the Month. I'll announce who on the Facebook page on the first Wednesday of the month and post a YouTube link to a piece written by them every Wednesday. I'll also do a post about them here sometime during the month and maybe some album reviews.

This month it's Beethoven. Yes, a fairly obvious choice but it made sense. I'm studying his Piano Sonatas in an online course this month so he's already on my mind and in my ears. Doing that course was a bit of serendipity actually. My wife just gave me the Beethoven-Willems Collection featuring all the sonatas and concertos plus more, and I was looking at courses on the Coursera site and saw it there - it was meant to be. I'll let you know what it's like later in the month.

I'm still working my way through the B-W collection but the discs I've played so far are magnificent. Not only is the playing good, the recording is crystal clear. It's an all-round brilliant effort.

Let the music play!

No comments:

Post a Comment